NewsMonday 1st January 2018
Upcoming tax and accounts deadlines
1 January 2018 - Payment of corporation tax liabilities for accounting periods ended 31 March 2017 for small and medium-sized companies not liable to pay by instalments.
7 January 2018 - Due date for VAT returns and payment for 30 November 2017 quarter (electronic payment).
14 January 2018 -
- Forms CT61 to be submitted and tax paid for the quarter ended 31 December 2017.
- Quarterly corporation tax instalment for large companies depending on accounting year end.
19 January 2018 -
- Pay PAYE, NIC, CIS and student loan liabilities for month ended 5 January 2018 if not paying electronically.
- File monthly construction industry scheme return.
- Payment of PAYE liability for quarter ended 5 January 2018 if average monthly liability is less than £1,500.
21 January 2018 -
- File online monthly EC sales list.
- Submit supplementary Intrastat declarations for December 2017.
22 January 2018 - PAYE, NIC, CIS and student loan liabilities should have cleared into HMRC bank account.
31 January 2018 -
- Electronic filing date for 2016-17 personal, partnership and trust self-assessment (SA) tax returns.
- Deadline for various claims.
- Balance of 2016-17 SA liabilities is due.
- Payment of first instalment of 2017-18 SA liabilities including class 2 NICs.
- 2015-16 SA tax returns to be amended by this date.
- ‘Vulnerable person election’ by trustees where the effective date is during 2015-16 (form VPE1).
- Election under TCGA 1992, s 169Q to disapply TCGA 1992, s 127 for reorganisations in 2015-16.
- Election to opt out of pre-owned assets charge if this would first arise during 2016-17 (form IHT500).
- Repayment claim for 2016-17 class 2 NICs if a small earnings election was possible.
- Supplementary 2016-17 forms P35 to be filed and liabilities paid if corrections required under IR35 rules.
- Provision of final 2017-18 tax credit claims (assuming that estimates have been provided by 31 July 2017).
- Reinstatement of 2017-18 tax credit claim if 'good cause' is shown for missing the 31 July 2017 deadline.
- Companies house should have received accounts of private companies with 30 April 2017 year ends and public limited companies with 31 July 2017 year ends.