NewsTuesday 8th May 2018
May deadline dates for HMRC and Companies House
1 May 2018
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for accounting periods ended 31 July 2017 for small and medium-sized companies not liable to pay by instalments.
- £10 daily penalties apply to late online self-assessment tax returns for the year ended 5 April 2017 to a maximum of £900.
- New VAT fuel scale charges apply.
- The filing date for printed form P46(Car) for the quarter ended 5 April 2018.
- Electronic filing and payment of VAT liability for the quarter ended 31 March 2018.
- EC sales list for the quarter ended 31 March 2018 due (paper form).
- File monthly construction industry scheme return.
- File online monthly EC sales list.
- PAYE, NIC and student loan liabilities should have cleared HMRC’s bank account.
- Employees at 5 April 2018 and from whose pay tax was deducted should have received form P60 from their employers.
- Companies House should have received accounts of private companies with a 31 August 2017 year end.
- HMRC should have received corporation tax self-assessment returns for companies with accounting periods ended 31 May 2017.